Friday, July 20, 2012

Programming

So next week I will start programming for the affiliate I am working at here 100% of the time.  I had been doing 50%.  So I will also start to sync this page up with the prescribed WODs. 

The question is:  should I tell people there that I am posting them here?  It might be fun to have some more people reading the page.  I need to go through and make sure that I have not written anything that would be offensive or divisive first maybe.  I am not a real controversial guy, but there might be something that I have written that could be taken the wrong way or simply wouldn't be appropriate in the context of the gym.  Perhaps I start at the top and simply ask, "hey, is it okay if I put the WODs here and tell people?" 

What do you think? 

The WOD:

For time:
30 GHD Situps
30 Deadlifts
30 Double Unders
30 Overhead Squats
30 Pullups

5 comments:

  1. I did this WOD this morning. 12:20, but I stopped working after deadlifts and reset the weight on the bar for myself and for the person working out with me. I am guessing I would have been in the mid-10s if I had set up multiple bars and worked straight through. Double Unders were terrible today and definitely were the slow down. I did 185# for the DL and 95# for the OHS. I reversed the order of the pullups and the GHD situps because there is only one GHD at the gym and I gave that to the client I was training and did mine to wrap it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should start with the top, they would probably be OK with it as it would be free publicity, but yeah, scan through old posts for incriminating evidence...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it would be far easier to start a new blog. Go to blogger.com, click on new blog, type in a new domain name and get going.

    How about BeerBellWODs? The biggest benefit is that you don't have to go back through all of the old stuff.

    And I love the idea of getting more folks over here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 30 Situps - I just did plain old situps. I meant to at least use the ball, but didn't remember until right now.
    30 Deadlifts - 30#
    30 Double Unders - 90 singles
    30 Overhead Squats - 30# back squats, I need a form coach before I start doing OH squats
    30 Pullups - I used more assistance than I should have

    8.45

    I did work on double unders before the workout and managed to get 10 done. It takes me a while. I intended to do them for the WOD, but after failing on my first 5 attempts I subbed.

    I am smoked and am looking forward to two days of rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've worked out most of the unilateral quad soreness. And because we have been doing squats every day, I think that means I've fixed my collapsing knees by re-concetrating on form. Thanks again for the advice!

    ReplyDelete