Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Gymnastics

Ione had her second gymnastics class today.  While I understand that she is just a beginner and has a lot to learn and many skills to develop, my appreciation for what they do is at an all-time high.  Gwen had done Gymnastics for a while and it was great, but I didn't understand at that time just how many practical applications there were for gymnastic skills. 

So as I watch Ione I have an entirely different perspective than I did 4-5 years ago watching Gwen.  I can see the flexibility, coordination, balance, agility, strength and power elements so much clearer.  I have Crossfit to thank for that.  I think that playing any sport is a good thing.  Gymnastics is just one I have come to admire. 

The WOD:

5 Rounds for Time
15 Push Jerks (95/65)
15 Hand Release Pushups

1 comment:

  1. 14:22 as Rx'd.

    those push jerks really start to pile up. I was trying to at least do 5 at a time the whole way through, but fell to some 4s in round 4 and 5. I finished each of those rounds with a 2 effort as 5,4,4 left 2 per round.

    ReplyDelete