Tuesday, September 18, 2012

On the Run

I have taken for granted for too long my running ability.  I haven't been doing exclusively running workouts for most of the past 10 months.  I will do them when the Crossfit cycle calls for it and have neglected my running beyond that.  I have several races that are coming and would like to add more.  I need to put more time into running however.  I am fit from a Crossfit perspective, but I am not as good of a runner as I have been at any point in the past 6 years or so.  Practice.

The WOD today:

15 Minute AMRAP

10 Push Press (75/45)
20 Back Squats (75/45)
30 Situps

2 comments:

  1. I completed 7 rounds plus 10 PP and 20 BS of the 8th round.

    After 3 hours of recovery I ran 3.2 miles. My time for the run was a pathetic 29:27. Time to get back to the basics and run more. I had arranged a 1.6 mile loop and ran the first loop in 14:15 which means the second took 15:12 which is perilously close to a ten minute mile. I used to not slow down that much until mile 22-24 of a Marathon. . . if then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary, You are baaaaack! I'm just catching up. I have the luxury of mom as babysitter and a crossfit gym here and I am taking advantage of it. Today that means I HURT. Yesterday I lifted. Today I did 3 RFT 25 pushup to box jump, 100 squats, 35 KB 12kg situps. It took me 40 minutes. I may not be able to walk tomorrow.

    I NEED to learn to run. Nothing crazy. 10 minute miles would be a success for me. (Blush.) I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that your old running skills will kick back in with a little bit of effort...

    ReplyDelete