Friday, November 25, 2011

Friday/Saturday

I am not sure whether or not Lisa has done the prescribed workout for today or not.  I know that with the Thanksgiving and other things there were some misses.

So the workout for the day is:

30 Turkish Get ups for time (15 per arm)

If that has already been done or if you are in the mood for a tougher workout or a double day the next one coming is a bit tougher.

Run 1 mile
25 burpees
50 CF Pushups
75 Situps
100 Air Squats
Run 1 mile

With my new injury I should be able to do the TGU workout.  I am not sure how burpees and pushups will go.  I may sub in box jumps and maybe shoulder press for those two if I feel any throbbing during the warmup.

I painted the girls toe nails today.  My Chemistry professor told me to wait on my quiz as she is going to answer my questions in the morning.  I think I have figured most of it out with my intensity and focus.  That and a thumb that kept me "out of the gym" today.  I made Gwen wash the dishes because I am supposed to keep my wound dry.  I might have to milk it on that front. 

I got the skinny on canning from my father and as soon as I buy some jars will send you (Lisa) some cranberry.  If that goes well then perhaps I will can up some more stuff.

Go nimrods!  That's what we gotta do.  I loved that commercial, but have no idea why it just came to mind.

2 comments:

  1. Well, this post will be just about perfect and then some!

    On Friday, 25 Nov 11, the day after Thanksgiving, I did the chipper workout.

    On Saturday, 26 Nov 11, the day after Friday, I did both the Turkish Getups and the max load push press.

    I'll blog about both days here!

    Chipper:
    -Run: On the treadmill, of course. Stayed between 5.0 and 6.6 mph. Left knee started to hurt. Ugh.
    -Burpees: My favorite!
    -CF pushups: I did them all full, although I wanted to go girl.
    -CF situps: No GHD here, so I did 25 mat, 25 high incline and 25 medium incline.
    -Air squats: This took some time. That's a lot of squatting. And since I'm displaced at the moment, I've been relegated to using western toilets.
    -Run: This time, I slowed it down a little. Stayed between 4.5-6.0 mph. Knee a little better.

    On to Saturday!
    Turkish getups: Wow, they were ugly. No kettlebells here, so I used a Pennell-style twist-on-the-safety-collar dumbbell as the lowest weight they have here is 20 lbs. I'm guessing this makeshift dumbbell was 12-15 lbs. Good weight. I found that the TGUs were easier on the right, but more technically correct on the left. I need to watch the demo again.

    -Max push press: I went for 80 lbs. I didn't feel comfortable going any heavier without a spot. I probably could have gone higher (85-90 lbs) with help.

    That's it. I make it a point to start out with a Greg Amundson Warmup, which I will heretofore abbreviate as GAWU. I also have been working on my yoga, incorporating several sun salutations in the AM!

    I may workout again tonight, but don't count on it. I think tomorrow is overhead squats and double unders. Whew. I need to prep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7:54 with 18# KB for the TGU. Haven't done the chipper yet. I want to do it Rx'd so I am waiting for the thumb to allow burpees. I did some pushups today and I am compensating with core strength and fatiguing quickly.

    ReplyDelete