Monday, November 28, 2011

Tuesday November 29, 2011

Back in the saddle.  School is in.  Tessie went to storytime.  I did two WODs.  I forgot that Tessie falls asleep on the way home when we go shopping after stortytime so my plan to run was foiled.  Two WODs and I feel like I did some work.  Next WOD:

Max reps:

2 minutes Box jumps
1 minute rest
2 minutes Crossfit Pushups
1 minute rest
2 minutes Pullups/chinups
1 minute rest
2 minutes push press
1 minute rest
2 minutes Sumo deadlift high pull

The intent is for 10 minutes of very high intensity work. . . the rest breaks should allow you to comfortably transition from one exercise to the next, catch your breath and hit it hard. 

Post # of reps and weights used for PP and SDHP to comments

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, situation dictates, right? That's what the Marine Corps has taught me anyway, so I modified this workout slightly due to, well, the situation.

    On/Off-Qty; On/Off-Qty; Exercise
    2/1-30; 1/1-14; CF Pushup
    2/1-58; 1/1-26; Lunges (F/R)
    2/1-48; 1/1-25; Situps
    2/1-1:30; 1/1-1:00; Plank
    2/1-60; 1/1-25; Bench dips
    2/1-52; 1/1-25; Air squats

    All done in my tent, all done very quietly! Decent workout. You can do something with nothing. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I programmed this I was expecting the bands to have arrived at your location by now. You can always scale pullups with jumping pullups. A bench or a box. . . Jump to over the bar with light pulling. Its a good workout in and of itself at high volume.

    The beauty of Crossfit is its universally scalable and adaptable. You can always find a sub. . . you can always do body weight workouts. Great program isn't it. Good for you on the creativity. Maybe instead of me taking more and more classes you should get CF-L1 certified. I would like to do Crossfit Endurance next year I think though. Level 1 then Kids then Endurance. Then I should look at mobility and olympic lifting clinics or the Coach's Prep course. Anyway, with the bill for the brewing class coming in 2013 there may not be Crossfit course dollars in the budget for me. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed a question mark in there. I can't find the edit button. Imagine that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 36 box jumps
    53 CFPU
    25 pullups
    30 push press (75#)
    32 SDHP (75#)

    I was sucking pond water from pullups on. I need to work on my 1 and 2 minute burst. I think I could have done as many push press and SDHP in one minute a couple months ago.
    FGB I am almost certain I did 20 some PP in each of the three rounds in one minute. Sleep better, eat better, perform better.

    ReplyDelete