Monday, November 21, 2011

Monday

Today was a full day.  Tessie allowed her sisters to attend storytime with her.  They each made a turkey craft.  Ione and Tessie attended a playdate with their two sister friends.  Gwen got to hang out with Dad and it didn't take long for her to have a friend from the up the street over.  All this action served to keep everyone moving, but I spaced out on Daisy Scouts.  So now I am burdened with guilt.  With a heavy heart I post the workout for tomorrow.  No beer tonight even though the Patriots were on Monday Night Football.

Accumulate 1 minute of handstands (using a wall is okay) then. . .

10 Front squats
20 Sumo Deadlift High Pull
30 Push Press
40 Double Unders
50 Situps

I am going to try and hold the weight for the first three lifts the same.  I think I can do it with 115.  SDHP  will be the question mark.  Double unders should be tough with the legs quivering a little bit, but the push press should be a nice "rest" for the legs.

2 comments:

  1. 13:11 but if you add the one minute of handstands and the 16 seconds transitioning to the squats it would be 14:27. It all depends on how you measure. I did the DU's to break up the Push press to maintain intensity but still maintain the 115# weight on the bar. SDHP were surprisingly strong with that weight despite children interfering and breaking up the sets. Front squats knocked out in about 37 seconds. All in all could have probably used more work/intensity today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. -Handstand: I attempted the handstand (in public, no less) but was unable to push up from my head. I've got some work to do here!
    -Front squats, sumo deadlift high pulls and push press: All done with a 45 lb bar only because there were no safety clips to be found anywhere. Felt pretty good throughout, had to rest during the push presses.
    -Double unders: "Warmed up" with 3 singles for 1 double under for the first ten; gutted through the remaining 30 in spite of my lack of coordination and certain muscle development. I kept telling myself, "No matter how much of an asshole I look like, let these fuckers come over and do double unders and see how 'easy' they are!" Lots of meatheads in the gym yesterday.
    -Situps: 25 inverted/25 mat; no GHD aboard Shindand.
    -Cardio: I had time waiting for some other friends, so I ran for 20:00 mins/2.15 miles on the treadmill (5.0-6.6 mph).

    Total time: 18:50

    *I'm noticing the disturbing prevalence of supplements (energy boosters, protein shakes, other very expensive shit that I refuse to pay for and/or put in my body.) I think the thing that bothers me most is the "ready and willing"-ness of using supplements rather than eating right. Well, maybe the need/desire to artificially induce a high to get through--or "enhance" as many will call it--a workout bothers me equally. I listen to people talk about all the supplements and what "they will do for you" and I am disturbed. Oftentimes, it's like overhearing teenagers talk about sex: the misinformation is rampant and the misunderstanding is laughable. There are choices and energy boosters and supplements are not my choice. I will eat right--as right as I can here; workout right--with the equipment, space and time I have available; and I will--because I am cheap, cheap, cheap--save my money. I've got three books coming my way: "The Paleo Diet" and "Mastering the Zone" and "The Omnivore's Dilemma." While I may not be able to implement the lessons of these books here, I will be able to modify my choices and effect change when I return home. I'm done . . . for today!

    ReplyDelete