Sunday, November 20, 2011

Take it Easy Today

Rest day for Lisa.  No workout today.  For me I will spin the wheel and pick a workout off of one of my favorite sites.  The kids and I went to Filippi's Pizza Grotto for Tessie's birthday lunch.  Some "Fun-da-middles" cupcakes answered the bell for the birthday party.

The girls played with their NASCAR matchbox cars using the Little People airport circle as a racetrack.  I had explained to them that today was the last "racecar race" of the year and either the 99 or the 14 car was going to be champion.  So, Tony Stewart won the race and the championship.  Lisa, go ahead and congratulate your Stewart-fan colleague. 

So where is the beer?  I had a Sam Adams at the pizza grotto.  The beer selection was pretty lean.  The Sam Adams must have been an IPA of some sort, because it was too hoppy to be Boston Lager.  I enjoyed a couple of local brews at home in the afternoon.  Stone Brewing Pale Ale and Karl Strauss Amber Lager. 

Its a rainy night in San Diego.  Free water!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the rest day came at a good time. I was actually busy today, touring my new home. Lots of work today. Certainly would have preferred to be at Filippi's instead. Maybe I'll trek down to the Italian compound and frequent one of their two pizza places. (Stereotypical? Yes. Bennie for us Americans? Yes.)

    Yay for Tony Stewart. Excuse me, I need to send an email. . . .

    Oh, and no beer here. Maybe some Beck's NA on occasion. I haven't gotten desperate . . . yet. Give it time!

    ReplyDelete