Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Dogs in my yard

Someone left the side gate open last evening.  I am not pointing any fingers. . . you know who you are.

This morning there were two dogs in our yard.  For one of them it was his second visit.  I tried to corral them as I know where at least one of them belongs.  They would have none of it.  At least this time they weren't accompanied by a little boy in his underwear.  Ahh, there is the story.

One Sunday, about a month ago, we were cooking breakfast and one of Gwen's friends was here as they had a sleepover.  The window over the sink in the kitchen looks into the backyard, and honestly half the back wall of the house looks into the backyard with three sets of double doors.  So, suddenly we see a black dog.  By the time we could move to try and find out where he belonged we noticed he was followed by a little boy in his underwear.  He was a plump little boy with a british accent.  Suddenly I felt like I had been transported to a novel set in the 1800s. 

There was no little boy today.  On that other day, Lisa, Gwen and Tiffany (Gwen's friend) transported the dog and Zane (the little boy) back to their home. 

So the moral of the story is:  keep your side gate closed unless you like being surprised by random dogs and children.  Actually, my fear is that they wander into the yard while we aren't here and the gate swings shut and locks them in.  Could you imagine being a parent and not knowing where your dog and kid are at for 8 or 9 hours? 

The WOD:

21-15-9
Thrusters (95/65)
Box Jumps

4 comments:

  1. For those of you who read this blog, it was ME! I'm the one who leaves the side gate open. I'm also the one who returns little boys and dogs . . . at least when I'm there. Gary just keeps washing the dishes like there isn't a little boy in his underwear in our backyard. Sometimes, quick action and response time is called for, G, and not just in a WOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7:30 for the WOD as Rx'd.

    3:02 for the round of 21. 2:39 for the round of 15 and 1:49 for the round of 9. 95# Thrusters are getting easier and if my box jumps and pullups translate well enough my Fran time should be getting closer to all of those "hot shots."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not one to ignore a problem hoping that it goes away. I AM someone who takes a while to realize that there is a problem.

    ReplyDelete