Thursday, August 16, 2012

Sesame Street Live

Lisa and I took the girls to see Sesame Street Live this evening.  Tessie and Ione loved it!  Tessie was beyond ecstatic.  Ione was very excited about the characters and having the opportunity to shake their hands.  Gwen, as I feared, is past the prime age for Sesame Street appreciation.  She sat and ate popcorn.  I could tell that she felt it was childish.  I was hoping that we might sneak in this one last opportunity to prove that you can have a 9 year old who has the innocence and excitability of a toddler.  It just doesn't happen.  She probably enjoyed the show more than she was letting on, but she definitely was playing "too cool."  They received some free USO bandanas and a little Elmo twirly light that I guarantee would set you back at least ten bucks if you went to Sesame Street Live in a basketball arena somewhere.  Free entertainment courtesy of the USO and the Marine Base.  Well, almost free.  The popcorn and slushies set me back $22.50.

Strength:  Power Clean 3-3-3-3-3

The WOD:

3 Rounds for time
Row 500 meters or Run 400 meters
15 Burpees
25 Double Unders

Cashout:  25 Pullups

3 comments:

  1. 12:19 for the WOD

    Cleans @ 95-135-145-155-165 (failed on third rep at 165)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to be hit or miss for a while. John was diagnosed with 3 learning disorders including dyslexia plus ADHD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn, we will be thinking of you. I know that with a family like yours everything will work out for John.

    ReplyDelete