Thursday, April 5, 2012

It is just temporary.

As I sit here, right this very moment, my house is in a state that I wish it would always be in.  There are a few dirty dishes in the sink and the vacuum is plugged in and ready to suck the carpet in the morning.  Other than that I am done.  I realized however that as the girls changed for bed that the clothes they had been wearing are now dirty.  This made me realize something else.  I am not sure it was anything new, but perhaps a reminder.  Cleanliness is only temporary when it comes to your living space.  While I like it clean, the fact that the house is never this clean is a sign of productive play.  Productive play by the children and productive play by me.  I prefer to play games with the kids, do Crossfit WODs and make beer and wine.  Cleaning is just something I have to do.  I always make sure to do the "germ stuff."  I don't want illness.  Clutter on the other hand?  Most times I could care less.  Lisa, I think that I could stand up to your toughest inspection right now.  Everything is dusted.  Baskets and inboxes are cleaned out and organized.  Bills are paid, in the mailbox and statements filed.  I reorganized the baker's rack and the wine fridge.  I recycled the 15 phone books that we had because who the hell uses a phone book anymore?  It is far faster to search on the internet and get the number and often times a rating on the company.  So the phone books are all gone.  That made a lot of room.  I must admit that Michael used the phone books as a booster seat for Tessie in December when he watched the girls while I was at Crossfit Kids.  That is the ONLY time the phone books were used. 

The kegerator is here.  It is in the garage and not assembled.  The delivery guy wouldn't bring it any farther and told me I was lucky he put it in the garage and not on the curb.  Really?  What the hell happened to customer service?  I will tell you. . . . lawyers happened.  Nobody wants to break stuff or get hurt on someone's property.  Companies don't want to pay claims for workers working in uncontrolled environments.  Pfffft.  I think from now on when I see delivery trucks with something big I will stop and ask "hey, do you need help getting that in your house."  We are so disconnected from one another.  Anyway, I will assemble it and get it operating in the next few days.  My parents arrive tomorrow.  Ione has soccer.  We will have lots of fun I am sure. 

"Prior to the internet, the last technology that had any real effect on the way people sat down and talked together was the table."  --Clay Shirky, Writer

The WOD:

For time:
70 Burpees
60 Situps
50 Kettlebell swings
40 Pullups
30 Squats
20 Box Jumps
10 Handstand Pushups

Sub as necessary. 

3 comments:

  1. Friday, 6 April 2012

    75 Pushups
    65 SDHP: Curly bar
    55 Dips
    45 Situps
    35 Pullups: 6 assisted
    25 Box jumps: We substituted jump squats--we no longer have a box!
    15 HSPU: We substituted pike pushups

    Co: 17:45; L: 25:28

    I really should have started with pushups, but I didn't. They were rough second-to-last. Ugh.

    Double WOD day! Woohoo! We are doing the one listed above. Whew. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friday, 6 April 2012 (PM)

    For time:
    70 Burpees
    60 Situps
    50 Kettlebell swings: B: 30# DB; L: 12# KB
    40 Pullups
    30 Squats: Air
    20 Box Jumps: Double unders
    10 Handstand Pushups: As best as we could!

    B: 20 mins or so? (I was doing pullups on the other side of the gym); L: 25 mins or so--I forgot to write it down.

    Then we did a core workout, 20 reps each of:
    -Pushups
    -Legs up, crunches
    -Legs down, crunches
    -Right, crunches
    -Left, crunches
    -Leg raises
    -R arm up/L arm up
    -Right oblique
    -Left oblique
    -Supermans
    -Hold plank

    Then we ran three miles. I had to stop. For all that is right and good, I had to stop.


    Saturday, 7 April 2012
    50 Burpees
    Run as far as you can in 7 mins: Elliptical, Level 10, Fwd, 0.86 mile + 3 mins cooldown

    Then I did 7 more mins: Elliptical, Level 10-10-10-8-5-5-5, Rev, 0.6-ish mile + 3 mins cooldown.

    *ALL TO LADY GAGA! It's been awhile. . . .

    And tonight, the 700 lbs Club!

    Lift: Goal/Likely
    Bench: 130 lbs/125 lbs
    Deadlift: 200 lbs/195 lbs
    Squat: 150 lbs/145 lbs
    Total: 480 lbs/465 lbs

    Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saturday, 7 April 2012

    700 lbs Weightlifting Competition

    So Candis and I were the only two who showed up. She got 1st place and I took second! Woohoo for us!

    Candis Lisa
    Squat 240 lbs 205 lbs
    Bench 150 lbs 125 lbs
    Deadlift 260 lbs 235 lbs
    Total 650 lbs 565 lbs

    So, we didn't reach 700 lbs, but we were both admitted to the 500 lbs Club. And we even got certificates. Yes! Big thanks to Candis for the encouragement and motivation. She is FABULOUS--and I am honorary fabulous. Candis said so!

    ReplyDelete