Monday, April 9, 2012

Notebook

I lost my WOD list.  That means I need to make a new one anyway.  The fact you need more helps that.  I will do it tomorrow (today).  The girls are having friends over so I will have a chance.  Today we did storytime, La Jolla and Karl Strauss Brewery and Gardens.  Nice place, but pales compared to what Stone built. 

The carbonation of the hefeweizen is taking a while.  It is due to the style.  Some beers take less time than others.  As with everything else, I have discovered a learning curve.  I will figure it out, but force carbonating isn't as simple as some would have you believe.  I could cask condition them and still serve them in the kegerator.  I might.  I am not sure yet.  The downside is the yeast in the keg and potential clogs in the tubing. 

So, with no list to work from I am going to make something up on the fly.  I will work this in during playdates. 

Spend 10 minutes on mobility.

Then:
10 Pullups
20 GHD situps (30 regular situps sub)
30 Kettlebell swings
40 Overhead Squats (I will go 65 or 75)
50 Deadlifts  (I will go 185)
60 Floor wipers
75 Pushups

4 comments:

  1. WELL DONE on the challenge Gary! Buy yourself a prize. RIGHT NOW. Serioulsy. Go, do it. Then come back and read the rest of my note. :)

    I may save FRAN for next Monday when I have a sitter and I can get to the gym. My back didn't hurt today for the first time in a week +. I am going to work out tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn: He had pre-bought all his prizes, remember? No more prizes, G, no matter what Jenn says! That is great about your back. Be careful, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, you guys. Check my Facebook. Choi posted a whole bunch of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wednesday, 11 Apr 2012

    Today, I woke up late--44 mins late! But since CrossFit is quick and I live a three minute walk from work, I had no excuse. 0544 is NOT late. Neither is 0400, which is what time me and my roommates need to be at the NTMA Compound IOT teach the two female Afghan Thunderlab students CrossFit! Yes, we are going to do this. Yes, at 0400. Candis said, "Getting up that early is a small price to pay for being able to wear whatever I want." Taken out of context, that doesn't mean much, but in context it means that we American women can PT wherever and whenever wearing whatever--well, the appropriate service-approved PT gear here--we want. Why 0400? Because the Afghan females take off their hajib and can't be seen by males without it. To be seen would be a grievous injury to their modesty. What a different world. So, what are we going to do? The Deck of Cars, of course, complete with Lisa Souders' stick figures. Nice. I'll post how it goes!

    3 RFT

    23 Bench press: L: 65-55-45; Co: 45
    23 Push press: L: 45; Co: Curly

    Co: 11-ish
    L: 12:02

    This WOD was really hard today. Fran yesterday, perhaps? Whew.

    ReplyDelete