Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Back into the swing

Sort of.  I will do some swinging tomorrow as Ed and I are going to go golfing on Coronado Island at the Navy course there. 

We had a tremendous amount of fun at Joshua Tree National Park.  We had a tremendous amount of fun with Jonny, Frank, Ed and Sully here for a few days.  The girls loved all of the excitement with everyone around.  Gwen and Ione even hung out with Jonny, Frank and Ed for a little while when Tessie and I took Sully to the airport.  We did so much, but it feels like we could have done more. 

I haven't done Crossfit for a few days.  We did plenty of athletic endeavors however.  We played croquet, horseshoes, bocce, disc golf, beer pong and plenty of board games to test our brain power.  Balderdash with both Jonny and Frank was everything that I could have imagined.  We also played the game of "things."  Ed and I were at a disadvantage with two characters like Frank and Jonny.  Sully missed the board games, but he was here for our Texas Hold'em tourney.  Jenn, I told the tale of our Walmart poker night on Kansas Avenue. 

So tomorrow I will swing some golf clubs for time as we have a limited window with Tessie at hourly care and the girls at school.  If I can convince Ed to try some Crossfit then perhaps we will do this WOD:

"Cindy"
20 minute AMRAP (As many rounds as possible)
5 pullups
10 Pushups
15 Squats

Bodyweight WOD
12 minute AMRAP
20 Walking lunges with 15 situps at each end. 
1 Rouind is when you complete the "circuit" and are back at the start point having completed 30 situps total.

Sorry for my delinquency.  I hope that you are able to enjoy the workouts and I will be back "in business" now.  Frank leaves in a few hours and Ed leaves Wednesday.  Then its back on the paleo diet and Crossfit twice daily to work off all of this beer.  4 guys drank 4 cases of beer just at the house plus what we drank out and about over the course of the week.  I have to do some cleaning but have stayed on top of some of it.  Mopping is the big thing.  Some drinks got spilled one evening and my hot water mop job left something to be desired. 

The girls are back to school tomorrow.  So routine is returning.  Tessie and I will be doing a lot of running as I have missed it over the past month with all 3 girls.

3 comments:

  1. 48 hours after my first cf workout and my quads are still killing me. I surf tomorrow.
    Super glad you had fun!
    Spence and Lisa are practically neighbors now.
    People of Walmart poker. Classic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. G,

    I've been pulling WODs from my notebook. I've got a partner now (my 25 year old roommate Stephanie who constantly amazes me with these secret skills she has: DUs with little/no effort; graceful handstands getting up/coming down; etc.) so we've been bumbling along. I won't back-post, but I'll start posting tomorrow.

    It's been a long few days. I'm glad you're back.

    Love,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. The knee is still hurting.
    However, I am positive it was existing damage that could not be repaired, so its a suck it up and deal situation.
    My plan for the week ahead? Shovel the snow out of my driveway, salt the crap out of it, hope it melts by weeks end. It was a mess when I was in San Diego, but hey, I will deal with it soon.
    My routine of 12 hour workdays is going to take a week or so of adjusting, by then I should be able to resume crossfit activity. I don't really want to have more surgery right now. So my plan is this... Get through next weeks 4 days of work, see how I feel friday AM.

    ReplyDelete