Friday, February 24, 2012

Boring Friday

Okay, this is the post for Saturday.  I know.  However, I wanted to comment on what a boring Friday night it is.  It is the first Friday of Lent and I am on the paleo diet. . . .no beer.  No wine.  No booze.  I was reading Zymurgy Magazine for a while.  I bottled beer today, I transferred wine to the secondary.  Those activities and the reading makes one want to have a drink.  I probably would have if not for the fact that I had plenty in Massachusetts.  This whole Paleo diet thing works though.  I have no doubt that I will the lightest I have been since moving to California by the time the NCAA tournament starts. 

We went to Crossfit Kids this afternoon.  Gwen learned shoulder press.  She now has air squat, pushup, burpees, pullups, jump rope and shoulder press in her repertoire.  We missed the front squat and thrusters while we were away.  I can "coach her up."  Ben, Drew and I are going to slay muscle-ups.  The Crossfit Games have started.  I am thinking about signing up and then just having one of them score me for the WODs.  I have no delusions of going past the "Open" division so it is all just for fun. 

The WOD for Saturday:

3 Rounds For Time
Bear Crawl 50 meters
35 Box Jumps

My paleo score for the day is another 9!  Two days in a row.  After a crummy Monday and Tuesday I have surged and find myself at 29 points heading into the weekend when theoretically sleep is easier and I still have two WODs in my pocket.  I have no idea where everyone is regarding the Paleo Challenge.  Maybe on Sunday or Monday we can all post our three week point totals.  That would help me.  I can dig back through if need be, but surely we all remember what we have done. 

3 comments:

  1. I was thinking about the Paleo challenge and realized that I managed to avoid some major potential pitfalls last week. I took a zero one day and a three one day. I did the same for the first two days of this week. My strong start in San Diego last week and then two perfect days of eating on Thursday and Friday and a solid Saturday was huge. This week I have rebounded on the strength of falling asleep early every night. At least I have that as a result of the trip to the eastern time zone.

    I am eager to get Jonny's scores. He has been nailing the nutrition. I am guessing he "won" week two unless Jenn went wineless a night or two. I think he maxed the food points and got a couple sleep points. That would be a solid 50 plus. I hope he posts soon, but I know he is in New Hampshire now. I have scores for Lisa and I and just need week 2 for Jenn. I have a "scoresheet" with the WODs in my notebook now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 9:39 for the bear crawl and box jumps.

    I pushed the box jumps faster/harder than I normally do. In a couplet like that it is hard to not push as you don't want to feel like you are "dogging it." I am hot on the trail of some new equipment. Just waiting on an email and then ready to pull the trigger either on a pickup in San Diego or an online order that leaves me looking for an Olympic bar. It is okay though. If I can buy 365# of bumper weights for a shade over $500 I will wait to find the bar. Then I can go to work on upping my deadlifts to the 400# range where I want them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 25 Feb 2012

    We can't do bear crawls here--I suppose we could, but we would tear up our hands on the rocks. So we did this instead:

    10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1
    OH Lunges with 10#
    Double unders
    KTE
    Back extensions

    C: 19:15
    L: 21:15
    J: 22:15

    When Jes walked in--first time she worked out in the AM--I was hanging out in a squat. She came right up to me and said, "You look like a frog," and walked away. Made me smile.

    ReplyDelete