Thursday, February 2, 2012

February 3, 2012

Cake Pops!  I made them with the girls this afternoon.  We ate cake pops, Girl Scout cookies, nachos.  I am probably going to gain 5 pounds this week.  I am diligent in the morning and then in the afternoons I am lured into the trap of "cleaning up the contraband" before the Paleo challenge.  I am eliminating all temptation.  We are close.  I will only buy "junk" for the kids that I don't like.  Plain Hershey bars, plain ice cream, popsicles, Cheerios. . . I don't like any of that.  I really don't like nachos anymore I learned today.  Chips I learned I no longer like about a month ago.  I really don't like cookies either.  Why do I eat them?  It is counterintuitive.  I eat them because I plan to NOT eat them.  It is weird.  I need to conquer that little mental challenge as I really don't care for most of that food if given a choice.  I would take a juicy burger over all of it.  Mmmm.  Burgers.  I am making Cincinatti chili for the Superbowl.  That is going to sabotage my own paleo score with the leftovers the first couple days on account of the kidney beans.  Unless it all gets eaten. 

Ione and I read for almost 45 minutes at bedtime today.  We are two days into February and way ahead of our pace on reading minutes for December and January.  Paleo and reading. 

Okay, enough blathering by me.

There will be mutliple WODs for tomorrow:

Team WOD (15 Minute--Option to go to 22 if 3 members)
Pullups/Thrusters (third team member run/bike/elliptical trainer)
5 Pullups for one member
Other member does max Thrusters.  Pullup team member relieves thruster team member.  Bar cannot hit the floor.  Thruster team member to run or to pullup if only 2.

Score is total pullups minus total thrusters.  Tally total distance of run/machine separately.  Post to comments.

Individual WOD
10, 9. 8, 7, 6,5,4,3,2,1
Double Unders
Overhead Squats
Knees to Elbows

For bodyweight WODders.  Double Under jumping rope can be scaled to singles.  3 singles for one double.  So 30, 27, and so forth.  Overhead squats can be done with a broomstick overhead if you have no weight.  Knees to Elbows you just need a bar to hang on.  Knees up to your elbows.  If you don't have a bar to hang on then do situps. 

Lisa, I am posting this WOD expecting you to do it on Saturday and hence be synched up with the rest of us.  I hope to eventually get myself doing them a day ahead and posting my times when I post the WODs.  It may not happen, but a guy can dream. 

Stacie. . . hi.  I know you might be reading.  If you are, then feel free to just jump in .  Do what you can.  Post if you have questions.  We are all friends here!  We are going to become machines!

4 comments:

  1. 16:27 My jump rope broke during the round of 9 and slowed me down a touch. Looks like I need a new cheap plastic one. It is about 8 inches shorter now. I guess all those turns wore out a spot just above the handle. Better the 5 dollar rope break than the 35 dollar cable get torn up. That is why I bought it! It downgrades my endorsement a bit however. I think I can go faster on this WOD. I was definitely "off" today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saturday, 4 Feb 12

    We did our team WOD today!

    20 mins--I think we did 10 rds

    5 pullups: We all varied our level of assistance
    Max thrusters: L: 45# bar; S: ~30#; C: ~20#
    Jump rope: Singles. We decided to do jump rope for cardio instead of dorking around with any of the machines. More efficient.

    Good workout. Lots of moving in a small space. Grrr. . . .

    I've got the Paleo Challenge Worksheet almost ready to go! If you want it, I'll push it on email.

    G: When you buy another jump rope, will you send me a 2nd one? The ones we have here are terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GTG on the paleo wksht and I will send a new jumping rope for you. I have a horrible headache this morning. Gwen had to be at her Girl Scout thing at 7:45 so I was up around 6:30. Ione woke up around 11:30 and I hadn't gone to sleep yet. She cried and carried on about her ears hurting. I helped her blow her nose, take some tylenol and she slept next to me. I couldn't sleep. My neck hurt and I couldn't get comfortable. Then Tessie woke up around 2. Throw in Sierra at 5 and it is no surprise that my head hurts. I probably never slept a 3 hour stretch. That is going to be the hardest part of the paleo challenge for me. Sleep.

    Ione just asked me if I was a grandpa to anyone. Not that I know of. I explained how that worked and she asked "will I have a boy kid?" I don't know. She says she hopes not. She says she thinks she will have "bad girl kids."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I know those headaches! And those nights. I feel your pain.

    I did the individual workout. It took me about 15 minutes.

    ReplyDelete