Friday, February 10, 2012

Weekend February 11 and 12, 2012

The name of the game for the weekend is to make up WOD or rest.  5 WODs per week and two days of rest.  When you take them is up to you.  I like mine to both fall on the weekend, but every once in a while I like to do an easy WOD or run with my extra days.  I didn't do a WOD for Friday so I will make up "Fran" over the weekend.  Tomrorrow I am one of the responsible parents for a Girl Scout Cookie table.  They need one parent with a military ID to do the exchange. . . that means me.  At least our family opened the door to a new sales opportunity for the Troop!  Sunday will be church.  I am hoping to get more sleep on the weekend if I can avoid getting up at 6:30.  I think that is going to be my plan. . . 8 hours of sleep for my weekend days because I just need to stay in bed! 

My Paleo Score for the day was 6.  I broke my diet on a special trip with the kids.  Not because I planned to, but because I finished up what they didn't. 

Jonny, if you don't want to do thrusters for the "Fran" you can do a "Bodyweight Fran" and substitute Burpees for the Thrusters.  If anyone else is "gung ho" and wants to go for an extra WOD that would be a good one. . . 21-15-9 of Burpees and Pullups.  Fun!

8 comments:

  1. I did the 8 minute hold workout today. Awesome. I can't do an l-sit, but I will keep trying. Any suggestions on what could sub in for the bars? My planks are FAR better than they were a few months ago. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bars for the pullups or for l-sit? I am not sure and don't want to really confuse you by guessing.

    If you are looking for L-sit sub you can do it with your feet on something that is not quite high enough to be where you want them to be so you can struggle with the "up" and "down" on and off the box or KB. If you mean for the thrusters and a bar I would go with an empty bar thruster or some other item. If it is pullups that you are talking about I would typically go shoulder press or handstand pushup but with the thrusters on this one I would say go with pushups.

    I hope that answered your question in one of those stabs. If not, I will try again after you redirect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. L-sit bars. I am trying to figure out how to make the L sit work at home. I installed a pull up bar. I bought two 10 pound weights for my barbell bar. I'm a regular cross fit equipment junkie now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 11:12 for the Fran as Rx'd. Not my best, but my garage equipment puts me at a disadvantage to the same "me" in a properly outfitted Crossfit gym. I will address that as I "set money aside." My Saturday ended up being a 7 point endeavor due to alcohol consumption. I spent 6 hours cleaning children's bedrooms, doing laundry and just generally getting carried away with cleaning. I have a real hard time doing a "little bit" of anything. Especiall if there is more that can be done. The beer is my reward. I failed on sleep again. I did some writing last evening and when I am in the groove I just keep writing. Six days and 42 points. I am not sure how to handle tomorrow yet. Typical Sunday or more paleo challenge? I am thinking challenge this weekend. We will see. Oh yeah, Gwen and I sold Girl Scout cookies at the Murphy Canyone Exchange today. 53 boxes. Not bad. There were two other girls too. Tomorrow I think we will go door to door.

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, I am a Crossfit equipment junkie and a beer equipment junkie. Only my conscience keeps it in check. . . I have three kids to send to college!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Which category do I lose a point in for potatoes? Grains?

    My mom has been doing all of my chores this week. I'm resting. And knocking those silly 'other' tasks off my list that never seem to get done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Weekend? What's that? Every day is just like the other 'round these parts. Sorry, I've been quiet. I have been out and about, i.e. not at my computer. I got back in this afternoon and had some time to catch up.

    Saturday, 11 Feb 2012

    Stephanie liked a Tabata workout we did a few weeks ago and wanted to do it again as a benchmark, so we did!

    Exercise: Lisa/Stephanie/Colleen

    Pushups: 10/9/9
    Situps: 11/11/11
    Box jumps: 9/6/10
    Air squats: 14/12/11
    Total: 44/37/42

    Total on 11 Jan 2012: 36/32/NA
    Improvement: 8/5/NA

    Nice, right? Stephanie was very excited on her progress. We'll do it once more before she leaves in a few weeks.

    Sunday, 12 Feb 2012

    Since we'll get all gummed up on the assisted pullup machine, we are "working in" Fran. Today was my turn!

    Lisa: 45# and 6 assisted for 9:40

    Stephanie/Colleen:
    11 min AMRAP (4 rds)
    10 pistol squats
    15 KB swings (12#)
    25 pushups

    We'll workout for two more days and each partner will do Fran!

    ReplyDelete