Sunday, February 5, 2012

Superbowl Sunday

Okay, so the workout will be for Monday.  I was thinking about throwing a simple "fun" WOD out for today, but didn't get to it.  My well laid plan to cook and take things to someone else's house has been foiled.  Tessie is miserable and sleeping on the floor.  We are supposed to be there in an hour.  Looks like I have a lot of chili to eat this week. 

Here is what we are going to do.  The WOD for tomorrow is scheduled for 5 rounds.  If the Patriots lose to the Giants we are going to do 7 rounds.  Sound good?  Great.  Now I know everyone is cheering for the Patriots.

5 Rounds for Time
10 Deadlift
20 Situps
30 Air Squats

We also start our "Paleo Challenge" tomorrow.  Post your daily scores whenever you post.

7 Points for eating paleo
-1 points for eating ANY dairy, grains, legumes, processed sugar, processed foods or alcohol.  Only 1 point lost even if you eat two servings of dairy or 10 servings of dairy. 
+1 point for doing a WOD (maximum 5 points per week)
+1 point for sleeping 8 hours (max 1 point per day--you can't get two for sleeping 16 hours)
Max score of 61 points per week. 

Any questions just ask. 

2 hours until kickoff as I write this. 

7 comments:

  1. If you eat all 6 banned foods you still get one point as long as you feel you gave an "earnest" attempt at paleo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On our day of rest, I went and bought a pull up bar and a curl bar. (I would have bought the straight bar, but it came with weights and a much heftier price tag.) Tonight I will read up on this paleo eating. I am starting off minus 2 for tomorrow. Cream in my coffee. And a bottle of wine. Well, a glass. It takes me three or four nights to get through a bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saturday, 5 Feb 12

    5 RFT (C: 14:58; L: 15:32)
    10 deadlift: C: Lt bar + 5 kgs each; L: 45# bar + 5 kgs each
    20 air squats
    30 situps

    If you do the workout BEFORE the SuperBowl, you don't have to do 7 instead of 5 RFT. Take that, G! We modified the workout because we decided we didn't want our quads to scream AGAIN so we swapped the situps and air squats. It worked out for us.

    Monday, 6 Feb 12

    "Hold On" TABATA
    V-sits
    Plank
    Handstands
    One-arm/one-leg plank

    We did v-sits because we didn't know what l-sits were. Stephanie and I had to help Colleen with her handstands--thank goodness she shaved her legs. I showed her an inverted burpee to help her get up--the momentum (and a dash of fearlessness) is the key. We did some kind of pseudo-Star pose for the last one. There was NO WAY we were going to be able to lift up right arm and left leg at the same time.

    Hold on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 7 Rounds 16:12

    135# Deadlift because that is a lot of deadlifts. 210 Squats is barely half of that other workout. Besides when you aren't doing them at light speed, the lactic acid doesn't build up as bad. I am pretty sure I will be able to walk tomorrow. I also ran about 5.5 miles in a very slow 52:21. I had too much beer yesterday. By the time the game was over I had drank 7 beers and 4 shots just to keep my nerves under control. So to run and WOD today is an accomplishment. Paleo has gone swimmingly. Tessie and I shopped the edges of the store and we are all supplied for a strong Paleo week. Today will be a 7 for me on the scoring. I lose one point for the kidney beans in my chili (legumes) but I gain one point for the WOD. I can't take credit for 8 hours sleep. I might have gotten 7.5 but even that was broken up by the dog. I may go 9 weeks with zero points for sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back Jonny. I am working with Jonathan individually to ease his ailing knee back into things. We have a plan and if he sticks to it his weight loss numbers for this challenge are going to be mind-boggling. Here we go Jonny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I scored a 6 today. Cream in my coffee. Wine with the girls. (Can you say a Rosary without wine?) I was in bed, fast asleep, in time to get 8 hours. But the kids and dogs hosed me. Ah well.

    For the workout...
    10 x 20# deadlift. HAHAHAHA. Really. It is what I had. Next month I will buy weights.
    20 x situps. My abs are still tender from knees to elbows!
    30 x squats. Not air squats. I use support. To get better form. That's my story!
    I did 5 rounds. No excuse. Except that I didn't get to watch the superbowl. And I was cursing you during my first round of squats.

    I should be pretty good on the food. I do have portion control issues. So I paid way more per ounce to buy individual tiny packs of mac nuts.

    ReplyDelete