Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Pancake Mix

Can someone tell me why you have to pay more for the pancake mix that requires you to add eggs, oil and milk than you pay for the kind that you just add water? 

I KNOW that there is more processing involved to hydrogenate that stuff so that it can sit on the shelf for 17 years, so why is it cheaper?  I moved to the "old school" stuff as a healthier option.  I don't think I am going to bother with pancake mix anymore.  I am going to pirate Lisa's buttermilk pancake recipe and then maybe steal one from my father for the sake of variety.  I don't use mix for waffles, so why should I do it for pancakes?  None of it is exactly health food, but I don't want the ultra-processed crap. 

The WOD:
20 Minute AMRAP (As Many Rounds as Possible)
Run 400 meters
10 Pullups
15 Pushups
20 Situps
25 Squats

I just know that this is going to hurt tomorrow after my run today.  That is life.  I am glad that I am able to do it.

1 comment:

  1. I opted for a 15 minute AMRAP
    15 Box Jumps
    15 Pushups
    15 Situps
    15 Squats

    7 Rounds plus 2 box jumps. I might have done an extra 15 Pushups in there as one round when I got done with the situps I thought for sure I had not done my pushups, so I pushed them out. So I might have done 120 pushups instead of 105. I don't know.

    All round were between 2:03 and 2:18 so I don't think I doubled them up unless I was flying that round. I did not finish round 8 as I had just started it and I need to cool down so I can shower and retrieve the girls from school in about 15 minutes (when I have to leave).

    ReplyDelete