Monday, May 14, 2012

Tuesday May 15, 2012

I have nothing witty or clever these days.  Well, I might have something but it would just make everyone sad.  I don't do sad.  Life is meant to be fun and enjoyable.  Nobody likes a downer.  Just have a good time and some parties when you can. 

The life insurance people are coming to poke me tomorrow.  Evidently they didn't poke me enough months ago.  Since my application was filed I had a birthday and they want to check me some more.  It is a good thing that I am interested in this transition to a new setup or I would just keep the old policy.  This is a hassle.  Just because it is the way I roll, I drank a bottle of wine tonight to make sure I look and feel my best.  I know that they are doing their jobs, but I know that I am one of the healthier 36 year old males out there and find myself perturbed that they won't take my word for that.  That is not what I wanted to talk about.

I love the brew catalog and the homebrewer magazine.  Even though I have more beers that I want to make then I will ever have time for it doesn't stop me from coming up with even more ideas.  Some day when I own my brewery I will be able to make everything I want and maybe a little bit more.  I don't want to be sucked into the trap of always making the stuff people "expect" but I know that will happen.  Even if you brew professionally you need to homebrew because where else can you make things like a peanut butter cup beer?  You sure as heck don't want to sell it in your pub.  Unless you already know it is really good.  This isn't what I wanted to talk about either.

Okay, so this life insurance thing.  They said "no strenuous activity 24 hours before."  I didn't listen.  I was thinking "what could they possibly be looking for that would be worse because I did a workout 22 hours beforehand?  It is just like when they did the EKG and the guy said to not workout.  Then he came and he apologized for "not knowing I was in shape."  Crazy world we live in.  I don't think I realized that only out of shape people got new life insurance policies.  I have been asked at least 50 times if I have lost or gained a lot of weight in the past 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, 5 years.  Nope.  Maybe 9 years.  But they didn't ask that.  Again, this isn't what I wanted to talk about.   

That is enough of that. 

The WOD:

Run 400 Meters
25 Pullups
Run 400 Meters
50 Pushups
Run 400 Meters
75 Situps
Run 400 Meters
100 Squats
Run 400 Meters
75 Situps
Run 400 Meters
50 Pushups
Run 400 Meters
25 Pullups
Run 400 Meters

Post time to comments.

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm, will I do this one? Not today or tomorrow. Maybe tomorrow, but I don't know if I will have time. You would think that I just got here with all the crap that has been dumped on me in these last few days. And tomorrow? I am NOT looking forward to tomorrow. I like to call it, "Digging for change in the couch to pay for the pizza that I said someone else said I could pay for even though he knew I didn't have any money." Yep, that's right. This place sucks. Oh well, no one is shooting at me! So, I will get to this WOD, just not sure when. Thanks for posting it!

    Love you,
    Lisa

    PS What do you mean by the first sentence? What would make us sad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even picture you as being a downer anyway. We are looking into changing our life insurance now as well, especially after mom and dad left. It is crazy the questions they ask. No I'm not I'm shape, yes I lost 60 lbs in the past two years, no I don't smoke, yes I drink...sure those make sense but we were asked if we were ever institutionalized or committed to a pshyche ward....but after fighting my dad's life insurance company I can see why they ask all these questions.

    By the way, I was telling a friend of mine about your peanut butter cup beer...is it going to be a reality at all and does it mail well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, the sad stuff all centers around the dog. I picked up the ashes yesterday and the vet had made a plaster cast of her paw either when they prepped her for euthanasia or after she had died. The sent it in the mail with a card. It was a wonderful gesture. The ashes came back in a velvet bag with a cedar box inside that is as nice as any jewelry box. It has "Sierra" laser engraved on top of the box. It is so nice that it seems a shame to bury it. That was what was on my mind. Since I am not really one to drag others down I had decided against posting on it. But now the cat is out of the bag. . . dog.
    Kevin, the peanut butter cup is going to be a reality. The "order of production" for the beers I want to make is constantly shuffling, but right now it looks to be "in the hole" as the Scottish ale is going to brewed this weekend after the peach/apricot ale is bottled. Then I think I am going to brew the PB cup beer on the weekend of Memorial Day. That should put it in bottle by the fourth of July. It has jumped ahead of the India Pale Weizen, a pale ale clone from Dry Dock Brewing in Denver, and the beers that I am going to use to make black and tans. If I had an additional primary fermenter I could go twice as fast. I should be able to brew a beer a week now that the fruit ale is done. It has tied up the fermenter because the fruit additions required it to stay in the primary fermenter so there was more head space for the gasses. I have been working on wine type products while I am waiting on that because my wine equipment was free. It is going to be a busy weekend around the old homebrewery. Kegging the lager, bottling the peach/apricot, stabilizing the tempranillo and brewing the scottish and possibly racking the pyment.
    I told the guy who did my life insurance exam about catching dog urine in a cup and boasted that I didn't get a drop on me. He asked me if I wanted to come with him and help him for the rest of the day. Eww.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crap. I just lost my post. 46:19 total with 21:51 for the first half and 24:28 for the second. I lost some time chasing a dove out of the garage after run #6. The uphill/downhill run on the street outside is much slower than if I go to the park and run the level 400s. Good WOD though. Nice way to celebrate peeing in a cup today!

    ReplyDelete