Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Salmon Burgers

Yeah, I know that it sounds kind of gross.  But it isn't. 

I had some hamburger and hot dog buns left after our BBQ with Oscar on Saturday.  He was supposed to be back tonight so I went shopping in search of "something to serve on buns." 

I wanted some kind of chicken, pork or fish.  Well, I picked up some bratwurst and more hot dogs for the kids.  Hot dog buns solved.  For the hamburger buns I found some bratwurst patties.  Now, I love bratwurst and I love burgers.  This interesting new synergy was too good to pass up despite the fact that I know full well it can't be healthy.  Since there were six buns and only four brat patties, the salmon filets cut into neat little rounds and flash frozen were the winner.  They were on sale for $3.99 and I love me a sale. 

Fast forward to 4 o'clock.  Oscar calls.  There was a "going away" and he caved to the peer pressure and had a few drinks.  He is gunshy about driving after even one until he gets promoted.  So now I have a crapload of meat and me and the girls to eat it.  So I did what any reasonable person would do.  First I ate a salad to make sure I didn't overeat in the higher fat fare.  Then I had a 22 ounce Amber Ale from Ballast Point.  Then I had one of my own "deporter" porters.  I ate a salmon burger which was very good and half of a bratwurst that Ione thought she wanted until she tasted it.  I ate some "california blend" vegetables and cleaned the kitchen.  Then I realized the coffee pot had some dregs in it.  I mixed up an iced coffee with Bailey's irish cream.  I am on my way to the moon tonight if I don't slow down.  Good thing I have a nice WOD planned for tomorrow.  Pay special attention because we are going to do this one over again on July 11 regardless of what day of the week that is.

"Seven Eleven"
Seven rounds for time
11 Burpees
11 Squats
11 Pullups
11 Situps
11 Pushups
11 Box Jumps
11 Lunges (per side)

Post time to comments.

3 comments:

  1. While I can't quite seem to bring myself to doing your workouts I do enjoy the tales of your family and adventures, it is nice to see what old friends are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin, I used to post some simple beginner workouts that didn't require any special equipment a few months back. If you are interested I can begin posting some simple workouts that can get you started.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 36:56
    Time to get away from chippers. I am sweating like a monkey every day.

    I subbed tuck jumps for box jumps so I wouldn't have to run to where the wall for jumping is. This was to maintain intensity and not to be lazy.

    ReplyDelete