Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Vacuum Cleaner

Not once.  Never.  In the past thirteen years I have no memory of ever catching the cat, Nomar, with the vacuum cleaner.  I don't even remember getting close to him with it honestly.  So why?  Why is he is so afraid of it?  He has lived all but a few weeks of his life with us or with a friend or relative that watched him on one of our moves.  I am pretty sure that none of them ever tried to suck him up either. 

He flees as if his life depends on it every time the vacuum is turned on however.  Even if he is under the couch or the bed and the vacuum comes on he evacuates as if it is emitting nerve gas. 

Sierra would just lie there and I could have sucked her tail up with it before she moved.  So there is the difference between cats and dogs I guess.  Cats don't trust you.  Dogs don't know how to not trust you.  I have no point for this and really don't care about how trustworthy my cat finds me.  I just think it is funny to see him flee when the vacuum comes on.  It could be a fun game. . . but then he would be justified in his terror. 

The WOD:

5 Rounds For Time
5 Deadlift
7 Pullups
9 Thrusters
11 Pushups

5 comments:

  1. My cat runs when I use the paper shredder, however when the vacuum starts up he has no issue with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I modified this slightly. I added a a 3 rep movement and a 13 rep movement to each round. I added Handstand Pushups and GHD situps and moved things some.

    3 Handstand Pushups
    5 Deadlift @225#
    7 Pullups
    9 Thrusters @85#
    11 GHD situps
    13 Pushups
    28:54
    Thrusters were kicking my ass today. The last round everything was. The first three rounds I was like "HSPU are easy!" Not what I was saying later. My ears are hollow with dehydration as it is getting hot here in SoCal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 Rounds as was Rx'd by the way. I have had a headache for a few days now and I am sure that didn't help me. I finished round 1 in 3 minutes and round 5 took 7 minutes. The rounds in the middle took 19 total. I almost vomitted in round 4 so I am guessing that one was slow too. I think I had finished 3 around 15 so that would make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today I did a 21 minute AMRAP
    3 Double Unders
    3 Pullups
    3 GHD Situps
    3 Clean and Jerk @95#
    6 Double Unders
    6 Pullups
    6 GHD
    6 C&J
    and so forth and so on. . . I made it through the round of 15 plus 18 double unders and 2 pullups in the 21 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18 just in case you were wondering

    ReplyDelete