Wednesday, December 21, 2011

December 22, 2011

Today would have been Poppy's 87th birthday.  Winter solstice. 

Rest day for you I think.  You rested yesterday so today you do yesterday's WOD, no?  I doubled up again today so I am treating myself to a nice Firestone Walker Velvet Merlin Oatmeal Stout.  I believe we had one of these at Toronado before you left.  Pretty decent, but I liked it better on tap.  I think I might like most beers better on tap.  More reason to get a kegerator because drinking in bars is expensive. 

I will probably pour a nice glass of my Pinot Noir soon.  I opened the last bottle to share with Noah when he was here.  I need to make more wine!  The girls did the Christmas house tonight and were a little bent out of shape. 

I had created my own "Dinner at Rubio's" coupon.  Gwen was put out and asked why I didn't buy a gift card.  I said "because you guys are with me!"  She said, "you could have said you were buying it to send to Grammie."  I told her if we lie about little things it gets easier and then we lie about big things.  How is that for an answer? 

Anyway, no work for you. . . sort of.  Make up WODs. 

I crushed myself twice today.  It feels so good. 

3 comments:

  1. No, not a rest day for me. I don't know what day it is, though!

    Friday, 23 Dec 11

    21-15-9

    Overhead lunges: R-F-F w/7.5 kg
    Pullups: Assisted 7-6-5

    Not a bad workout. I really had to slow down on the last set of pullups.

    I also added 12 mins elliptical @ level 10, just for fun!

    Darn demanding kids. Tell Gwen she can send me a drawing of a fish taco!

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is R-F-F? Is the 7-6-5 your pullup count or the settings on the assisted machine? I am sorry to ask this as its probably very basic, but I never was big on the assisted pullup machine thing at the Community Center in South Saint Paul so I am sort of unfamiliar with it. I just want to check your pullup count because if you are not able to do 21-15-9 then I can modify the Rx for the WODs or I can focus on strengthening your shoulder capsules and such. Okay, I am going to drink my coffee and go do this one myself. I was looking for your time so I knew what the "time to beat" was. I need to make sure I work on shoulder mobility I have been guilty of starting my first round of pullups on WODs and hearing crunching. Gwen is leaning on me now and said "hmmmph" at the Fish Taco picture comment. Now she says "why did you have to tell her?" Anyway, another parcel is bound for you and we have another almost loaded. The blood type patches will be ready in early January but I think I will be caught up at that point. The K-State mug is on the way. I am pretty sure all other requests (except the blood type patches) have been filled or are on the glass table now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think its pretty funny that when I publish my comments it says I am commenting as "Gary Google." Are you "Lisa Google?" I knew I would get you to have the same last name somehow!!!

    ReplyDelete