Thursday, December 22, 2011

December 23, 2011

Crazy day today.  Totally up and down.  Things were crazy and I was getting irritated.  I put the Muppet Christmas CD in the van and took great joy in the girls singing along.  Just when things were going great they turned my attempt at a nice "Christmas-y" night into misery.  We came home and I was going to try and regroup again and let them watch Peanuts Christmas and eat popcorn. . . then all hades broke loose.  After we went into crisis management mode and cleaned up the mess we turned our night productive.  I kept them working long enough that Ione passed out before I tucked her in.  Almost 10 by the time they were in bed.  I am tired, but feel strong if that makes sense.

Tomorrow:

21-15-9
Overhead lunges (each side--with either a plate or med ball overhead)
Pullups

This should be relatively quick.  I have my eye on a couple make up WODs I can do at the park.  We are probably going to make the Christmas ham and scalloped potatoes tomorrow (not very paleo with the potatoes, but its Christmas!).  Saturday (Christmas Eve) we will have church and if I am brave there is a showing of Puss 'n Boots on the base at 1 PM.  I am hoping folks are distracted by Christmas and its not a mad house. 

I am drinking a Snow Day from New Belgium tonight.  I was going to mix up a pomegranate juice and tequila drink, but I want to get a WOD in early tomorrow and went with the "fear factor."  It is funny how not drinking much causes a couple drinks to take a toll on me come morning time. 

On the 26th I am going to WOD at Total Crossfit at noon, so Christmas won't be a free for all.  I am very clever with how I trick myself. . . make a "date" and then know that I will want to be "strong."  I will go two tomorrow and two Saturday I think that way I can knock back a few after church. 

3 comments:

  1. 7:21 with a 25# plate overhead
    This was my second WOD of the day with only a half hour break in between. Did it at the park so the pullups went faster than if at home on Iron Gym. It was amusing to me to hear one of the kids in the group of boys playing football say "look at that guy." Maybe they will investigate and turn themselves into machines. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gwen and Ione did a 5 minute AMRAP of 10 box jumps and 5 thruster unloaded. Ione jumped on one block and Gwen on two. . .about 8.5 and 17 inches respectively.

    Ione--7 Rounds (3 rounds only had 5 jumps as she was counting the up and the down).

    Gwen--7 Rounds plus 10 box jumps. . . she finished out the thrusters for round 8 after the time expired. . . start good practices early!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! Yay, girls. Maybe Gwen can "post to comments" for herself and Ione next time. Just a thought. . . .

    ReplyDelete