Sunday, December 4, 2011

Monday December 5

5 minute AMRAP
10 burpees
5 pullups

Scale as necessary.  Remember jumping pullups is a sub if you can find one of those mid-height bars or use a box/bench. 

Noah and I are going to WOD Tuesday and Thursday and James confirmed me for the "games" as a virtual competitor.  He said he likes the "national" feel to the competition.

I just need to workout care for Tessie. . . I am going to checky with moms and the youth and teen center in the AM.

No beer lately hence the lack of "beer posts."  I had some whiskey and cider today.  We will see how long I get away with feeding the girls Crossfit Kids style.  Ione wanted seconds at dinner tonight. . . nope.  We had our "20%" after church today. 

The park that I have been frequenting is called Lakeview Park and, surprise, it overlooks Scripps Lake.  Its off of Mira Lago which is right behind Scripps Cape Vista Point Avenue Street Lane Highway.

4 comments:

  1. 5 Dec 11

    15 mins

    100 CF pushups: 50 full; 50 half
    Run as far as you can: 0.7 mile in 6:19 at 6.0-7.0/mph

    Those pushups took some time. It's been awhile since I've done them not in a warmup. I was booking on the treadmill. Thank you again, Lady Gaga.

    Good luck on the competition. I had a weird dream about James, but I will share that with you in a more private forum. Enjoy your time with Noah and good luck with care for Tessie.

    Don't make the girls haters. Gradual changes, gradual changes. My question would be seconds of what? How large was her first portion? Don't raise "sneakers"--that's no good either. Want seconds? Here is some fruit, some vegetables, some nuts. Would that work?

    MORE BEER STORIES! No excuses, brother. I have an excuse; you do not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I did get my books today (Omnivore's Dilemma; The Paleo Diet; and Mastering the Zone). I've got some reading to do! One of the airmen said, "It would take me five years to read all those books." I didn't tell him I've read seven books in less than a month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 8 Dec 11

    15 min AMRAP (5 rounds)
    10 Burpees
    5 pullups: Used machine 8-7-6-5-5 plates. I don't really like the machine, but I didn't have an opportunity to tape the relatively stable pullup bar! (Shared equipment is limiting. . . .)

    I did this--well, kind of this--WOD today. I thought I made a mistake when I copied it, so I did a 15 min AMRAP instead. Not that big of a deal because 1) I'm slow and 2) not all that good at burpees or pullups! I am getting better at burpees. I don't know how they look, but they feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did the 5 minute AMRAP version. 4 rounds plus 10 burpees. Finished the 5th round in 5:20. Great lung buster. I was breathing heavy for a while and even started the should press WOD before full recovery. . . smoker. I can't believe you did it for 15 minutes. That is awesome and motivating! I might have killed myself if I went for 10 more minutes.

    ReplyDelete